2013 Spring Adult
Registration is now open!
Click HERE to register online.
captain or team representative of the home team will lead a devotion after the
game each week with the two teams that played each other. There are enough devotions for every
game through the playoffs. If your team does not end up playing 12
games, we encourage you to finish the study on your own or get together
with players from your team to finish the study.
Click on the links below for a PDF copy of the
We will have both men's and women's adult basketball
leagues as follows:
- Men's 18+ Competitive Division - Monday and/or Friday evenings
- Men's 19+ Rec Division - Tuesday and/or Thursday evenings
- Men's 39+ Division - Tuesday evenings
- Women's Division - Thursday evenings
- End-of-Season Tournament games may be played on any week night
- Depending on the number of teams in each division, games may be
required on days other than those listed above.
Men's 18+ Competitive League (maximum 24 teams)
Men's 19+ Rec League (maximum 8 teams)
Men's 39+ League (maximum 16 teams)
Women's League (maximum 8 teams)
A positive playing environment
Separate leagues for men and women
Teams must have a minimum
of 7 players.
Team captain registers
online and pays the team fee ($475 per team).
Every player signs up for
free online and
then pays the team captain.
Individuals that sign up
but don't have a team will be placed on a waiting list. If no
teams are available then a new team will be formed or a refund
All season long you can find all of your league Standings, Scores,
Schedules, Bulletins, and other information on our website at:
We will have an open gym
on your regular game night the
week before games begin for players who are registered in the league.
We will play pickup games on two courts using our lunch-time
Top 8 teams in each
division will make the playoffs and play down to a league champion
via a single elimination bracket which will be seeded by the league
standings. We reserved the right to adjust the playoff format.
See below for the adjustment in the18+ League.
Team fee includes 9
reversible jerseys. Captain selects jersey color, numbers and sizes
for each player during
jerseys can be purchased through Sports Distributors in Richardson.
580 W ARAPAHO RD
RICHARDSON, TX 75080
Ph: 972-235-8223 FAX: 972-235-4123
To guarantee that the jerseys will
be available by the first game, the team captains must register by
February 15th. Jersey sizes and numbers for all players will be selected
by the captain during the registration process.
We are allowing the
captain to select different jersey colors this year. Jerseys
will have a white side and a colored side. PSO logos will be
similar to last year and the same on each team's jerseys. The
color chart below may not be exact but gives the captain an idea of
the colors that are available to choose from for the jersey.
- Open gym for registered players will be the week before games begin.
Format will be the same as our lunchtime format.
- Men's 18+ Competitive: Monday, March 11th from 6:00 PM to
- Men's 19+ Rec: Thursday, March 14th from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Men's 39+: Tuesday, March 12th from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Women's: Thursday, March 14th from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM
- Season starts the week of March 18th.
- Season includes an 8-week regular season of 1 game per week at 6:00,
7:00, 8:00 or 9:00 pm (these times may change depending on the number of teams).
See below (under 2012 playoffs) for adjustments that were made to
this schedule for the Men's 18+ Competitive Division. We expect to
make this same adjustment this season.
- Top 8 teams are included in the post-season single elimination playoffs.
games may be scheduled on any day of the week (including weekends) in
order to get all of the games played in a timely manner. The
online standings will be used for the seeding of the tournament.
- In the event that inclement weather causes the cancellation of games
we will do our best to not change the tournament dates. Regular
season games may be rescheduled for any day. Games will be
rescheduled on the first available date.
Brackets will be posted on the Schedule page.
All teams in the 39+ Men's League will make the playoffs.
1. Seeding will be determined by the win-loss record.
2. Tie breakers will be determined as follows:
b. If head-to-head does not break the
tie, the online ranking will be used.
Men's 18+ Competitive League will use the following playoff rules:
We advertised 8 regular season games with 8 teams making the playoffs.
With the number of teams we have we are still holding to that with a
slight adjustment to allow more teams a chance at the title. The
playoff format will be as follows:
have 3 divisions in this league. Every team will play
every team in their division one time. That gives every team 7
regular season games.
2. 16 teams will advance to the playoff bracket. That first
playoff game will be the 8th game for each of those teams with 8
teams advancing as advertised.
3. The 8 teams that do not make the playoffs will be matched up for
a final game the 8th week.
4. The seed numbers on the playoff bracket will be the same as the
numbering on each region of the NCAA Tournament bracket.
5. Each division will send their top 5 teams into the playoffs for
a total of 15 teams.
6. The 16th team will be an “at large bid” from the remaining 9
teams. The team with the highest point differential among those
teams will get in (Points for – points against = point
differential). The first tie breaker will be the highest “Points
For.” The second tie breaker will be the lowest “Points Against”.
These stats are on the schedule page on the website.
7. Tie breakers to determine place within each division will be as
b. highest point differential
c. highest points for
d. lowest points against
8. Each division will have a 1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4 seed and 5
seed. Therefore, their will be three of each seed (i.e. three #1
seeds since there is a 1 seed in each division). The tie breaker
between each of those three seeds will be determined the same way
the 16th seed is chosen (see #6 above). The top 1 seed will take
the #1 spot. The second 1 seed will take the #2 spot. The third 1
seed will take the #3 spot. The top 2 seed will take the #4 spot.
This will continue through the rest of the bracket.
- $475 team fee includes at least 8 games, 9 game jerseys, and
t-shirts for the Championship team.
- The team fee is paid by the captain online during the captain
Our league is making a change this
year from NFHS (high school) rules to NCAA rules except where noted on
the rules sheet.
for the Adult Basketball rules (rules may be modified up to the start of
the league). Foul language and poor attitudes will not be
tolerated in this league. Issues of this nature could cause you to
be removed from the league without a refund. Teams who do not meet
together following the game to discuss the devotion provided by the
league will be removed from the league without a refund. Only
players on your official roster will be allowed to play.
A League Coordinator is needed for each league to
oversee the league and provide consistent communication with
the PSO staff on any issues that arise during the season.
A Team Captain is needed for each team who will be responsible
- communicating with the players about the schedule, rules, and any
information put out by the PSO staff or the League Coordinator.
- coordinating the substitution pattern during games.
- leading the post game "Iron Time" devotion.
- leading the prayer (or enlisting a member of his team to lead the
prayer) with both teams prior to the start of the game (Home team
captain is responsible for the pre-game prayer).
- enlisting someone (other than a player in the game) to keep either
the scorebook or the clock for each game. Their should be both a
scorebook keeper and a clock keeper (one provided by each team's
captain) for each game at the score table at least 10 minutes prior to
- enlisting a prayer partner (can be a player on the team or someone
else) who will commit to praying for the team and the league and
coordinate prayer requests for that team.
The League Coordinator and the Team Captains are usually players in
the league. Anyone interested in being a League Coordinator or
Team Captain should contact Brad Freeman at
Team Draft &
There will not be a draft this season. Preformed teams are being
allowed this year. Team Captains must maintain
control of their team. Game officials will have the right to stop
a game at any time and declare a forfeit if players are out of control.
Captains will be responsible for leading game day devotions. If you would like to be a
Team Captain, please contact Brad Freeman by email at
Prestonwood Baptist Church - Sports and Fitness Center
6801 W. Park
Plano, TX 75287
Click HERE to register online.
For More Information